How to Register at WPUSDTop of Page

Step 1:  Determine your child's educational needs

What's your child's age?Top of Page

Child is age 0-5 years old

If you  would like information on WPUSD Preschool programs for 2017/18 offered by Placer County Office Of Education, please click here .  

Child will turn 5 years old on or before September 1

The age of enrollment for kindergarten children for the 2017/2018 school year is as follows:  A child must be five years of age on or before September 1, 2017 to be enrolled in kindergarten in the fall.

Child will turn 5 years old between Sept. 2 and Dec. 2

There IS A CHANGE  to the age of enrollment for Transitional Kindergarten.  Children who turn five on or between September 2 and December 31, 2017  are eligible for Transitional Kindergarten, the first year of a two-year kindergarten program.   To enroll your TK-eligible child, simply pick up, complete, and return the Kindergarten Registration packet as indicated below through your HOME ELEMENTARY SCHOOL OFFICE.  Parent requests for TK class location will be considered, with first priority given to students living within the Creekside Oaks, Carlin C. Coppin, and  Twelve Bridges Elementary boundaries for their home sites.  However, ALL eligible TK children will have a place for enrollment. If you would like information on WPUSD Transitional Kindergarten programs for 2017/18, please contact Scott Pickett at (916) 645-6350.

Child is 6 years or older

Elementary Schools:  Grades Pre K - 5th
Middle School: Grades 6th - 8th
High School:  Grades 9th - 12th

Step 2:  Become familiar with the school boundary.


Step 3:  Register with your home school.

Parents now have two options on registering your students.
Option 1:  Pick up and complete a registration packet from your home school.
Registration packets are available at all WPUSD schools.  You can also pickup the registration packet at the District office.
Option 2:  Complete the registration packet online.  COMING SOON!
Required Documents:
Whether you pick Option 1 or Option 2, you'll be required to provide these documents below to your home school.
  • Birth Certificate
  • Immunization record
  • Proof of residence within the District
  • All students entering 7th grade will need to provide proof that they have received an adolescent pertussis(wooping cough) booster shot (Tdap) prior to starting school.
  • High School Transcript from other school.